ο 5-6 oranges (or other citrus fruit)
ο 3 cups water
ο 1 cup sugar alternative, or cane sugar (I used truvia)
1. In a small-medium pot, add sliced peels and cold water to cover.
2. Heat and boil for 1 minute. Strain, peel, and discard water.
3. Repeat above – boiling, straining and discarding water (2 times)
4. In your pot, add 3 cups of water, 1 cup sugar and peels
5. Bring to a boil, simmer for 20-30 minutes… until peels start looking translucent.
6. Strain peels, lay on rack, and allow to dry overnight.
7. Keep the remaining syrup in a sealed jar/bottle and refrigerate (stores for weeks or longer).
8. Keep the peels in a sealed jar/container and refrigerate (stores for weeks or longer).
Yield approx. 2 cups | Submitted by: Suzy Rebelo
Watch the instruction video on Suzy’s Youtube channel