☐ 500 g eddoes
☐ 1 medium apple
☐ 2” piece fresh ginger
☐ 1/3 cup cornstarch
☐ 1/4 tsp baking powder
☐ 1 tbsp sugar or sugar alternative
☐ pinch salt
☐ cinnamon & sugar for topping (optional)
☐ oil to fry (I used sunflower oil)
1. Peel, wash, and grate eddoes (use paper towel to hold, stops it from slipping).
2. Grate ginger. Peel and grate apple.
3. In a large bowl, toss eddoes, ginger, and apple together.
4. Mix cornstarch, salt, sugar and baking powder in small bowl. Add to grated eddoes mixture.
5. Mix approx. 10 minutes, until you get a gooey, gummy mixture.
6. In a deep pan over medium, heat a couple of inches of oil to appx. 375°F. Add 1 tbsp of eddoes mixture at a time to the oil. Fry, turn both sides, until golden brown.
7. Remove from oil, drain on paper. Dip into cinnamon sugar and enjoy! Best served warm.
Yields 25 frittettes. Store for 1-2 days at room temperature.
For video instructions: youtu.be/CnA-oPgh3No
Submitted by: Suzy Rebelo