ο 1 tbsp dry yeast
ο 1 3/4 cups warm water
ο 1/8 cup sugar
ο 1 tbsp olive oil
ο 3/4 tsp salt
ο 1 cup flaxseed meal
ο 2 cups whole wheat flour
ο 1 cup all purpose flour
Submitted By: Suzy Rebelo
1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water allow to proof–5 minutes.
2. Add sugar, oil, salt, flaxseed meal, plus 1 cup whole wheat flour to the yeast. Mix together by hand.
3. Add another cup whole wheat flour, then add 1 cup all purpose flour. Mix together until dough forms.
4. Add dough to stand mixer with dough hook. On medium, knead dough for 10 minutes.
5. Spray large bowl with oil. Oil hands, form ball with dough and place in bowl to rise for 1 hour or double in size.
6. Spray 9” x 5” pan with oil. Punch down dough and place in loaf pan.
7. Let rise another 30 minutes or until dough has risen 1 1/2 inches above pan.
8. Bake in preheated oven 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
9. Cool in pan 5 min. Cool out of pan 30 minutes on its side. Slice and serve.
10. Store in plastic bag. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.